We sprung forward a few weeks ago. What were we springing toward? Spring, of course! Despite the unbelievable reality that a wide swath of the U.S. braced for a snowstorm, the rest of us can feel reasonably confident that our weather will just keep getting better over the coming months. Here are a few of our favorite things about our favorite season!
1. The Equinox. The northern and southern hemispheres of the earth will enjoy an equal amount of daylight. For those of us residing in the northern hemisphere, we’ll enjoy longer and longer periods of daylight until the summer solstice in June.
2. Open Windows. In our cars and in our homes, we love to open the windows and let the fresh air in and the dust and gloom of winter out!
3. You don’t have to worry about dry air. Flu season in the Fall & Winter is caused due to the abundant amount of dry air that moves in with the seasons. As the weather warms up the healthier you become and you can put the tissues away.
4. Get outside and exercise. A study shows that working out in the fresh air improved the experience and motivation to workout. Using nature as your gym might help you stick to your regimen.
5. Birds and Bees and Flowers and Trees. Nature is abuzz! Daffodils and tulips are peeking through the earth. Bees are finally getting their fix. There’s no better time to take a walk and enjoy the changing scenery than early spring!
Unquestionably our favorite thing about spring, though, is the ushering in of warmer temperatures and all that that entails. Happy Spring!